Recently, we were lucky enough to snag an interview with Mizzou receiver Jerrell Jackson. He was kind enough to answer our questions and we appreciate that. Jerrell was a 2 star recruit from the Houston, TX area that has made a huge impact here at Mizzou being one of Blaine Gabbert's main targets. This year he suffered a broken hand before the season started that may have hampered him a little bit to start the year. Lucikly, he was soon back at full strength making big catches for the Tigers.
1. Jerrell, how much did your hand injury effect you this season if at all?
"Personally i think the injury made me catch better. It forced me to focus more on each pass. The only thing that gave me problems was trying to block. So my hand injury wasnt too much of a set back."
2. Do you ever feel like Mizzou gets slighted by the media and the bowl system?
"Yeah we're usually the team that gets over looked, but it just motivates us to play even harder to show everyone that we can play with the top teams in the nation."
3. Next year is your senior year, what can we expect from #29?
"A healthier 29. I plan on making next year my best year of my career. So expect more highlights from #29. #getmoney"
4. Will you be satisfied playing a Michigan or Iowa in a bowl game following a 10-2 season?
"Well we wont be satisfied because our goal was to play in a bcs bowl game. But if we would have went undefeated then we wouldnt have nothing to worry about right now. So we just have to take what we get and make the best of it."
5. How much help do you give to the freshman receivers and which ones stand out to you right now?
"Our freshman class is a very talented class that will be geat player for Mizzou. Im always working with the freshman and try to have an answer for every question. Personally they all stand out from the true freshman to the red shirt freshman. I will save the surprises for when they start playing."